Thursday, April 30, 2015

Rehearsals

We have had at least seven rehearsals, including rehearsals with little girls which we call our "Shekinah Junior Division". We never expected to have so many young ladies with such a desire to learn and dance. They have brought me numerous pictures and have given me numerous hugs to show their gratitude. The last week has been a stretch for me as a director. I have been finishing up a twelve credit semester of school, along with directing the dance show. My semester ends on the 8th of May and the show is on the 9th, so this has been crunch time for me. Thankfully, my classes do not have finals. That has been a huge blessing. I have also had much support from encouraging friends. God has been very good to me. I am not the least bit stressed, although quite busy. Things are coming together, and while we have no idea how many people will actually come, we are trusting God to bring those who will be truly blest by our first worship production.


Our rehearsals have included a short devotional with the older girls, a warm up for the girls, and a time of learning each dance. On Saturday, May 2nd, we are having our dress rehearsal. It's been amazing to see God work in all of these things. I am starting to realize that this desire of mine to share dance with young ladies while simultaneously encouraging them and building godly relationships with them, may actually be a reality! God is so gracious to me, and I am so privileged to be a part of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment